Constitution, Definition and Principles
The Angolan Red Cross established by Decree No. 25/78 of March l6, 1978, was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross on October 1, 1986, and affiliated as a Member of the Federation of Red Cross Societies and the Red Crescent.
2. The Angolan Red Cross was formed in accordance with the Geneva Conventions, that the Republic of Angola is a party adherent. É uma associação auxiliar dos poderes públicos, com fins assistências e de utilidade pública, dotada de personalidade jurídica e de autonomia administrativa e financeira, com carácter voluntário e desinteressado. Definindo sua identidade através dos 7 Princípios Fundamentais do Movimento Internacional da Cruz Vermelha e do Crescente Vermelho, os quais manteve como guia de acção. It is an association of public support, for financial assistance and utilities, legal personality and administrative and financial autonomy, with voluntary and disinterested. Defining your identity through the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Red, which remained as a guide for action.
3. The Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement are:
a. Humanity - Born of the desire to help without discrimination those wounded from the battlefield, the Red Cross under its aspect National and International works to prevent and ease in all circumstances the suffering of men. Procura proteger a vida ea saúde, assim como fazer respeitar a pessoa humana. To protect life and health, as well as enforcing the human person. Favorece a compreensão mútua, a amizade, a cooperação e uma paz duradoira entre todos os povos. It promotes mutual understanding, friendship, cooperation and lasting peace among all peoples.
b. Impartiality - It makes no discrimination as to nationality, race, religion, social status or political affiliation. Empenha-se unicamente em socorrer os indivíduos conforme a gravidade do seu sofrimento e em dar prioridade aos casos mais urgentes. It strives only to help those individuals according to the severity of their suffering and giving priority to the most urgent cases.
c. Neutrality - In order to maintain the confidence of all, refrain from participating in hostilities and any time in controversies of a political, racial, religious or philosophical.
d. Independence - The Red Cross is an independent, auxiliary to the public within its humanitarian activities and submissive to the laws governing their respective countries, National Societies should however keep an autonomy that allows them to always act according to the principles of the Red Cross .
e. Voluntary Character - The Red Cross is an institution of voluntary relief and disinterested.
f. Unity - There can be only one Red Cross Society in that country should be open to all and to extend its humanitarian work throughout the territory.
g.Universality - The Red Cross is a universal institution, within which all Societies have equal rights and the duty to help each other.
4. The Angolan Red Cross is the only National Red Cross Society with the capacity to carry on its business in the Republic of Angola, and may establish offices where and when needed.
5. The Angolan Red Cross is the only government recognized by the National Society of the Republic of Angola, as a voluntary aid society auxiliary to public authorities in the context of humanitarian activities and in particular the health services of the Armed Forces, pursuant to article 26 of 1st. Convenção de Genebra de 12 de Agosto de 1949. Geneva Convention of August 12, 1949.
6. In relation to public authorities, the Angolan Red Cross enjoys autonomy which allows it to act at all times in accordance with the Fundamental Principles of the Movement.
7. The Angolan Red Cross National has its headquarters in Luanda.
The Head of State of Angola is the Honorary President of the Angolan Red Cross.